Melancholic Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Melancholic Academy

An insane asylum for the intelligently gifted.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Beaches

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rinami
Warden
Rinami

Credits
Money: 5
Tickets: 0

The Beaches - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 3:03 am

First topic message reminder :

There are rarely good days, a storm always seems to be brewing off in the distance.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Chase
Cool
Chase

Credits
Money: 15

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 1:53 pm

Chase hadn't responded to Skylar's voice, which was almost unheard of. But at the sound of excited voices his head shot up, eyes wide. He dug the knife deeply into his thumb. "Huh?" He said dumbly, not quite processing what was going on around him.

"What's going on?" He mumbled quietly, talking fast, making it hard for him to be understood. He crawled away from the people around him, the people who were once his best friends. He looked at them with wide, unrecognizing eyes. "Who are you? Who am I?" He stood up quickly, and fell backward, the knife running across his forearm, a small line of red left behind.

Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 1:59 pm

Celestine saw another one of the figures stand up and fall over, "What is it with this lot", he thought to himself. At the moment he didn't know what to do; he just stood watching.
Back to top Go down
McKenzie
Warden
McKenzie

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:14 pm

McKenzie ran up beside Celestine, as usual feeling small and childish, she looked at him, slightly breathless. "What's going on? I heard you bellowing." She said in her normal childish way, a book clutched to her small chest.

"What's happening?" She asked, smiling slightly at the children. She DID love them.
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:21 pm

"I don't know, that lot are being odd", Celestine smiled at McKenzie. She was a great friend, so small and caring
Back to top Go down
McKenzie
Warden
McKenzie

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:29 pm

"Okay, now tell me something irregular." She said, sighing and making her way down towards "that lot" She slipped on the sand dune, and slid half way down on her feet. Her eyes wide, finally she hit a rock and face planted into the sand. She sat up quickly, making a face she spit out a mouthful of sand.

"Oh, yuck." She said quietly, coughing, she wiped off her book, looking at it concernedly. It was her favorite. She spit again, standing up, feeling unladylike. She looked up at Celestine. "Heh, sorry." She said, looking at the run in her thigh-high stockings. Crap.
Back to top Go down
SkylarMonroe
Cool
SkylarMonroe

Credits
Money: 45

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 3:18 pm

Skylar smiled at Olive, until the girl fell, 'maybe it was best if she didn't try walking on the sand anymore,' she thought.

Skylar blinked as Chase pulled away from her."Chase that's who you are and Skylar that's me" she said completly suprised he didn't reconize. "Chase are you ok?" She repeated knowing her wasn't. 'Oh, no was he having another episode, what was she supose to do' she thought. Noticing him fall and the knife cut him she sat beside Chase. He had a deep cut and his thumb was beelding everywhere, including on her.
Back to top Go down
Chase
Cool
Chase

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 3:43 pm

"Sk-Skylar?" He said quietly, he inched closer, extending his bleeding hand towards her, shaking immensely. And then he flung himself backwards, as though thrown by an unseen force, he let out a cry of rage and pain.

He fell limply to the sand, chest and sides heaving, hands over his face. "Don't touch her, please." He whispered, begging with an unseen force, blood seeming to stream from no where. In reality he was digging his nails into his face, blood smeared across it.

He twitched. "Momma." He whispered, looking up at someone only he could see. "Take me with you." He let out another shriek, hoarse and pain-filled, throwing himself across the beach, and splashing pathetically into the shallow waves. The frothing water, turned slightly pinker. He lay there, staring blankly at the sky.

"Who am I?" He whispered, it became a chant, rolling off his tongue. His bony chest heaved, his whole body shook from the bitingly cold water.
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:04 pm

Celestine looked at McKenzie, he ran down and helped the girl up. After which he made his way back up on the path, relighting his pipe and watching what transpired in the distance. He noticed one of the group flailing in the water and began making his way to the group when he noticed them as Olive, Chase and Skylar. Chase was in the water bleeding, Celestine glanced at him and said, "Looks like your dying, eh son?".
Back to top Go down
Chase
Cool
Chase

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:12 pm

"Will they let us play with markers?" Chase asked quietly, shivering in the cold water, fierce red scratches winding their ways across is pale face. "I want to draw infinity." He turned, trembling onto his side. He stared wide eyed at Celestine.

"Please, sir, I've lost my mom." He said as though he was a small child lost in Liverpool again. His red eyes were wide, disconcerting in their lack of focus. His lips were turning purple, his skin chalky white. Goosebumps were erupting across his skin but he seemed not to notice.
Back to top Go down
SkylarMonroe
Cool
SkylarMonroe

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:12 pm

Skylar nodded "yeah, its me," she said as he slowly came closer to her,she didn't want him to be scared away so she stayed still. Seeing him throw himself backwards she panicked, he could drown if he got to close into the water. "No Chase nobody is going to touch me" she said right before her flung himself into the shallow water.

Skylar stood rushing over to him "Chase...your Chase and your...moms, not here" she said pulling him out of the water. "Chase, I'm right here but, you need to got to the hospital wing" she said.
Back to top Go down
Chase
Cool
Chase

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:24 pm

Chase turned his chalky, waxy face to her, "Chase?" He said, his trembling, purple lips stumbling over the word. "No, you w-w-won't chase me." He stood up, his whole body trembling, and backed further, the cold, angry water sloshing against his shins.

"No..." he whispered, falling backwards, the salty water splashed into his mouth, burning his throat. He jumped up, leaving the water, and stumbling up the beach, where he finally collapsed, trembling into the sand. He was breathing heavily.

"Leave me alone."
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:35 pm

Celestine shoved his hands in his pockets and retrieved a pouch of tobacco, he began packing another pipe; this one was a churchwarden, long and thin with a small bowl. He packed it full of more vanilla scented tobacco and lit it; taking a long drag on the pipe. He looked at Chase and then turned his attention to Skylar and said calmly, "Hoy, this lad should probably go to the infirmary if he's gonna live". He took another drag on the pipe and continued watching.
Back to top Go down
SkylarMonroe
Cool
SkylarMonroe

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:45 pm

"No, your name is Chase, come on stop that" she said said watching him walk towards the water.

Skylars blue orbs widened "w...what, no I'm not leaving you alone, I can't " she said fallowing him. She was growing impatcient with him. 'why isn't he snapping out of it' she thought with a small frown.
Back to top Go down
Olive
New
Olive

Credits
Tickets: 10

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:57 pm

Olive stood frozen as Chase began to fall further into his delusion. She was afraid, conflicted, just staring with her sleeve pressed against her sandy cheek. This was not good at all...

Finally, it seemed she snapped out of it and stumbled forward. Her desperation to help overwhelmed her fear at this point. Olive pulled a pink handkerchief out of her coat pocket and knelt down near Chase's wounded arm. His hand seeped faint red into the sand.

She looked up at Skye, worriedly, then brought up his arm to where she could tie the handkerchief around his deeply cut thumb (the cut on his forearm was not nearly as deep). She winced as she tied it tightly - the pressure would probably hurt.

"Focus on your hand," she said shakily. "You can feel it. Your hand is real." She had never experienced one of Chase's episodes before, but for many patients (herself included), an anchor to reality was helpful.
Back to top Go down
SkylarMonroe
Cool
SkylarMonroe

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:03 pm

Skylar looked over at Olive and smiled thankfully, as the girl tried to bring Chase back to reality. "Thank you" she said before turning he attention back to Chase, she would have to ask Olive how she knew what to do.
Back to top Go down
Chase
Cool
Chase

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:07 pm

He was trembling nonstop his eyes were fluttering open and clothes. "It's really hot." He whispered, pulling his shirt over his head. He let out a groan, his face flaming with fever. He looked at Olive blankly.

"My...hand?" He whispered, curling his trembling fingers into a fist. He continued to look up at her. "I'm real. So are you. So are they." He said, pointing at the empty beach. He laughed insanely, struggling to sit up.

"Olive...seeing is believing." He said, it was the last, serious and coherent thing he'd say for awhile. Than he fell back, mumbling under his breath, clutching Olive's sweatshirt sleeve in his still-curled fist. He stared at the sky, eyes open but not seeing.
Back to top Go down
SkylarMonroe
Cool
SkylarMonroe

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:15 pm

Skylar stood and pulled out her cell phone, "I'm going to call the school for some medics" she said dialing the number.

Shortly after a few men in all white came rushing down the beach ready to strap Chase up and go.
Back to top Go down
Olive
New
Olive

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 6:02 pm

Olive nodded at Skylar in agreement, and continued to hold his bandaged hand tightly, not arguing about the empty beach. He was trying hard as it was, and she didn't want to push him over the edge again. She was careful not to move and disturb Chase's calm state until the medics came.

Once they loaded him up onto the stretcher, she got to her feet and walked to Skylar. "W-when he comes back, you should be there," she said.
Back to top Go down
SkylarMonroe
Cool
SkylarMonroe

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 7:00 pm

Skylar looked at Olive, "I know, but I don't want to see him like this" she said watching the medic drive away. She took an akward step away from Olive, she needed her pills to calm down before all this activity made her have an attack. Popping two small white pills she inhaled "I'm sorry," she said quietly.
Back to top Go down
McKenzie
Warden
McKenzie

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 7:11 pm

McKenzie stood a little bit away from the crowd, a hand clamped over her mouth, cerulean eyes wide. She hadn't been able to help, and she felt horrible. She hugged Olive and then Skylar shakily. "I'm sorry." She whispered.
Back to top Go down
SkylarMonroe
Cool
SkylarMonroe

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 7:18 pm

Skylar looked back at her blankly "its fine" she said walking off, intending to go to bed. Today was a bad day, nothing was perfect, she almost killed Chase.
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 7:36 pm

Celestine crouched in the sand and pocketed the knife Chase had had. He continued puffing on his pipe looking at the group around him. He noticed McKenzie apologizing to the other two girls and thought it best not to stick around, he made his way back to the path and began walking back to the Academy.
Back to top Go down
SkylarMonroe
Cool
SkylarMonroe

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 7:54 pm

Skylar was walking behind him not pouposly they just both left at the same time. Heading to the Acedemy was her first thought but now she wanted to be depressed some where else.
Back to top Go down
McKenzie
Warden
McKenzie

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:07 pm

McKenzie felt all their minds falling apart. "Stupid Chase." She said aloud, it was the first time she'd ever said something foul about a student. She bit her lip, looking around at the bloodied sand, she sighed, the ocean blowing her hair around her pretty face.
Back to top Go down
Olive
New
Olive

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:26 pm

Olive was shaken up after the ordeal, and now felt very nauseated. She had not eaten anything yet today, so she knew that she would most likely not throw up. Still, the feeling was not pleasant. She looked down at her bloody hands and knelt down to wipe them off on the wet sand a little. She very much wanted to take a shower.

Everybody here was sick, like her. They all had their issues. She wondered if being around each other was really the best way to heal... Then again, recalling the torment of life back home, it wasn't all that bad.

Olive looked back at McKenzie, who seemed to just be standing there. She tilted her head towards the path, looking at her worriedly. It was natural to be angry at somebody... She didn't understand why it was Chase, but she wasn't angry. "It's cold," she said softly, waiting up for a moment. "Might rain again."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Beaches

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Melancholic Academy :: Outside Town :: Coasts-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com