Melancholic Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Melancholic Academy

An insane asylum for the intelligently gifted.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Beaches

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rinami
Warden
Rinami

Credits
Money: 5
Tickets: 0

The Beaches - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 3:03 am

First topic message reminder :

There are rarely good days, a storm always seems to be brewing off in the distance.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Rinami
Warden
Rinami

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:07 pm

"Maybe when we get out of the Acadamy!" Rinami said happily, smiling.
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits
Money: 15

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:11 pm

"Honey... I can't get out", Celestine admitted to his love.
Back to top Go down
Rinami
Warden
Rinami

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:16 pm

"Well sure you can!...can't you?" Rinami asked.
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:18 pm

"No... I can't", Celestine sighed.
Back to top Go down
Rinami
Warden
Rinami

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:26 pm

"Well they can't just keep you in a school forever!" Rinami said, frowning.
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:29 pm

"It's not just a school, it's a mental institution", Celestine said
Back to top Go down
Rinami
Warden
Rinami

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:34 pm

Rinami frowned again. "...You'll get out. I promise," she said, confident.
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:35 pm

Celestine frowned.
Back to top Go down
Rinami
Warden
Rinami

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:37 pm

Rinami smiled. "Dont worry about it right now. We shouldn't ruin this beautiful day," she said.
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:40 pm

Celestine collapsed onto her, "I love you so much, you make me so happy"
Back to top Go down
Rinami
Warden
Rinami

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:43 pm

"Thank you," Rinami said, still smiling.
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:48 pm

"W-why thank you", Celestine asked her
Back to top Go down
Rinami
Warden
Rinami

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:50 pm

"Saying that I make you happy was sort of like a compliment, I guess," Rinami said.
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:52 pm

"I see", Celestine asked snuggling her.
Back to top Go down
Rinami
Warden
Rinami

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 11:23 pm

((Sorry for the uber late post ^^))

Rinami smiled and ran her fingers through the soft sand, watching the waves crash on the shore.
Back to top Go down
Olive
New
Olive

Credits
Tickets: 10

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:41 am

Olive was bundled up more than usual. She wore a green waterproof coat over her already-bulky sweater, it's hood and collar drawn up to leave only her face showing. On her feet were bright purple rainboots. Her cheeks were rosy in the early morning cold as she made her way over a sand dune and down towards the waves. The sound was uniform and comforting, and the air smelled like childhood memories. A light, misty rain was falling.

It was barely even light out yet, and as she had hoped, there wasn't a soul in sight. Olive selected a long stick from the ground and examined it for a moment before plunging it into the wet sand, alongside the path back towards the Academy. Just in case.

To be honest, she really didn't know why she was here. While most mornings Olive would be content to stay locked away in her room where it was dry and warm, today she craved the beach.

Olive walked forward to the edge of the water and just stood, watching it ebb and flow around her boots. She had been avoiding thinking about things for a while, and if there were ever a place to think, it was here.
Back to top Go down
Chase
Cool
Chase

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:48 am

Chase was also bundled more than usual. Instead of just his usual T-Shirt and jeans he was wearing a light hoodie over it. He was sitting in the stand, his left arm resting again his right knee which he'd propped up. He was staring out at the dark waters, eyes intent, glimmering in the early morning haze.

He absently held a knife in his right hand, sometimes, he'd swipe his thumb over the blade, a small, deep cut had already started to show up, but he paid no mind. It was weird for him to be seen alone, and he was glad no one was around to ask him about it.

He popped his gum absently, he turned his head when he heard Olive approach the water, he gave her a half-hearted, forced smile. He knew he'd ruined his chances of friendship with her, after all, him and Skylar had sort of had a huge blow up right in front of the skittish girl. He didn't even try socializing, he didn't want to, and it would have felt forced.

He sighed, shakily, still running his thumb over the sharp, glinting blade. He bit his lip chewing on that for once instead of his gum. Wouldn't it be so easy right now? Just to run into the water, and never come up for air. He couldn't swim, Skylar would think it was an accident....he looked at Olive, she'd be his only witness.

He hated having chronic depression.
Back to top Go down
SkylarMonroe
Cool
SkylarMonroe

Credits
Money: 45

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 7:06 pm

Skylar walked up behind him wearing black skinny jeans, a dark purple jacket, and her light purple converses. Wrapping her slender arms around his waist "hey are you ok?" She asked snuggling into his back. Shr hadn't intended on running into him, nor did she notice his blade until a small finger was cut.

"Ouch" she was with wide eyes, she looked at her pinky finger. Suprise was writen on her face.
Back to top Go down
Olive
New
Olive

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:14 pm

((Well, shoot... I was gonna reply sooner, but I had class all day... :( Olive's really not emotionally prepared to approach more than one person yet, especially under the current circumstances.))

Olive was hypnotized by the waves, and by her own thoughts. She hadn't noticed anybody come down to the shore. The soft pelting of rain on her hood added to the white noise.

She wondered when she would next see her brother. How old would he be? Six? Seven? Would he remember her? Would he still have his golden-blonde hair, or would it darken up like their mother's? Olive felt a nagging sense of urgency in the pit of her stomach. She had to get better and get out of here... Days were ticking by. She didn't want to return as a stranger to him.

The rain had mostly stopped when she finally returned to the present. Olive wondered how much time had passed. She hadn't intended on attending class today anyways; the lecture slides were online, and the homework assignments were submitted on Mondays, so she really didn't see the point. Even so, she was beginning to get a little chilly and figured she should head back in.

Olive turned around, surprised to see the figure of Chase sitting in the sand, about 20 feet away. She froze for a moment, a little like a deer in the headlights.

A glint of light off the blade drew her eyes to the knife. She saw the thick red beads of blood dripping down his thumb and collecting at bony joint. It took a moment for the adrenaline to kick in. She took a step forward, about to call out... Something to stop him.

Then Skylar appeared, suddenly, embracing him from behind. Her hand accidentally brushed against his knife, and she withdrew. Olive stopped.

Of course. They had each other. She didn't want to interrupt and mess that up, like everything else. Like with her brother. Olive looked at them for another moment, and then started back toward the Academy, giving them a wide berth.

She glanced back worriedly at Chase's bloodied hand, almost wanting to stop.
Back to top Go down
SkylarMonroe
Cool
SkylarMonroe

Credits
Money: 45

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 12:55 am

Skylar hadn't noticed Olive since she was a small distance away. Looking up when she noticed her start to talk, Skylar blushed and quickly stuck her finger in her. Waving widely to the girl to show she noticed she was there.

Was Olive staying away from them on pourpose, since Chase and herself had just argued infront of the timid girl. Feeling a small tug of guilt her eyes softened, was she supose to apoligize for their out burt earlier.

((Its cool, I'm have writter block up the butt right now. Xl ))
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 1:59 am

Celestine was standing on the path, the wind blowing his overcoat around his legs. He felt cold so he popped the collar on his coat and began walking; puffing on his pipe on the way a trail of vanilla scented tobacco behind him. He glanced on the beaches and saw 3 figures in the sand, "Probably townspeople", he said to himself as he kept walking. He rather enjoyed these long walks, he just wished somebody would accompany him sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Olive
New
Olive

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:28 am

((Lol, Olive isn't mad or anything. xD She just feels terribly guilty for intruding on their personal business and fears she might have made it worse. Fears they might be mad.))

Olive stopped when Skylar waved back enthusiastically. She had the feeling of being caught. She awkwardly waved back a little from the dune, unsure whether she was being greeted, accused, or beckoned.

As she turned slightly towards them, her foot slipped and she fell forward with a soft yelp of surprise. The sand was soft, of course, but also wet and sticky and now covering the front half of her. Face reddening, she scrambled to her feet and brushed off her jacket and pants. Her left cheek was still sandy.

'How embarrassing...' she thought.
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:36 am

Out of the corner of his eye Celestine saw one of the figures fall forward. He wondered if they were all right and called out to them, his Scouse accent breaking the silence of the beach, "ARE YOU ALRIGHT MISTER?"
Back to top Go down
Olive
New
Olive

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:10 am

Olive heard a distinctly accented voice call out from the pathway in the distance. She immediately recognized it as Celestine's... But at being called "mister", she took a moment to realize it was referring to her. When she did figure it out, she waved in his direction to show her lack of injury and signal she was okay. She then brushed the sand off her cheek as best she could, wrinkling her noise slightly at the odd grit.

She wondered what he was doing out at this time of the morning...and in the rain. Just taking a walk? Where to? Part of her wanted to walk over and join him.

Olive glanced back at Chase and Skylar, wondering if she should stay... And if he would be alright. Cutting such an extremity as a finger wasn't likely to be fatal, but it could result in significant blood loss. She had not seen if the blade had sliced his wrist as well - that's where all the arteries were.
Back to top Go down
Celestine
Cool

Credits

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 1:52 pm

Celestine saw the figure wave and was unsure of what this meant. He decided to call out again, "ARE YOU ALRIGHT MISTER"?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches   The Beaches - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Beaches

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Melancholic Academy :: Outside Town :: Coasts-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com